UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Game won't change focus on swipe

Forums > tvOS

Hi all,

im working on project 8 (blastazap) in the hacking with tvOS book and ran into some problems with changeing focus. I have followed the book until a stage where the focus should shift between "start new game" and "how to play" but it simply won't.

The custom ButtonNode has a computed property "canBecomeFocused" that returns true and the function setFocusedImage has "isUserInteractionEnabled = true". From what i can see all the code follows the book, also compared to Paul's project on github.

I've tried both on my physical AppleTV gen 4 and in the simulator but it just won't change.

I noticed when i created the project that Paul wrote "uncheck all 3 boxes" but there was only two boxes present.

Any ideas that can help me?

Warmest regards, Marcus

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.