NEW: Start my new Ultimate Portfolio App course with a free Hacking with Swift+ trial! >>

Xcode resizing canvas when moving between files

Forums > SwiftUI

Hi there,

Has anyone else had the issue when moving between files (either by the horizontal bar at the top of the screen or the list on the left navigation menu) that the canvas gets resized?

I find that the canvas is expanded taking up 85% of the screen width within Xcode leaving the window with the code being squished with only about 12 characters of text per line being able to be displayed.

I know that I can pin the canvas, but I want the canvas to display the view for the current swift file I am editing.

It's not preventing me from coding, it just means that around 40% of the time when I change between swift files, I need to resize the canvas window which is quite frustrating.

Many thanks in advance!

Small update:

It seems to only occur when I change from a swift file to a swift view file...

Am I missing something in the settings?

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Instabug

SPONSORED Catch bugs as soon as they happen and know exactly why a crash occurred. Instabug's SDK grabs all the logs they need to fix bugs, crashes and performance issues in minutes instead of days. Get screenshots, device details, network logs, repro steps, and tons of other critical insights needed to resolve issues and prioritize product backlogs straight from your dashboard. It only takes a minute to integrate!

Get started now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.