UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: When can we ship Swift 4 features? (Charts)

Forums > SwiftUI

Hi everyone,

This is the first major Swift update since I started making apps so I have no clue how this works.

When will we be able to ship apps that use new features like Charts? For example, if I build a UI using Charts on xcode 14 beta and publish it, will users be able to use this UI? Or do we have to wait until the official iOS 16 release? (I'm still on xcode 13 and haven't updated yet, but in a dire need of a native charts library)

You'll have to wait until iOS 16 is released. Otherwise, no user can use your app. What you can do is, when you're done, publish it in the App Store and set the release date to manual. But I have no experience with this.

This is the first major Swift update since I started making apps so I have no clue how this works.

Note: This is a SwiftUI update, not Swift itself. Swift Charts is a SwiftUI framework.

The Swift language is on version 5.6.1, with 5.7 in beta mode until the fall.

At some point just prior to iOS 16's release date, Apple will announce that app store submissions using the new features are now being accepted and that's when you can push it out. It still won't be available until the release date, but it will be ready to go.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.