UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

What am I doing wrong (Terrible google search skills and a general lack of experience)

Forums > SwiftUI

Removed text of oroginal post for clarity.

Is it possible to dynamically add more UI elements to a VStack? All of the examples I find through google searching is about texts and lists. I am looking to basically add a vstack to a vstack when the user presses a button.

hi,

i think the answer to your question is no, but consider an alternative: perhaps a conditional inclusion of the inner VStack within the outer VStack, controlled by a @State private var isShown: Bool variable that is set to true when the user presses a button.

something like this

VStack {
  // stuff you always want to be seen
  if isShown {
    VStack {
    // stuff to be seen when the user taps a button
    }
  }
}

hope that helps,

DMG

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.