NEW: Start my new Ultimate Portfolio App course with a free Hacking with Swift+ trial! >>

Unwanted overlaying text in Navigation Bar

Forums > SwiftUI

@rmwa  

From time to time my SwiftUI app shows the following behavior in the Navigation Bar. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it.

It is a tabview app with each tab being a NavigationView. Only one of the tabs showing the strange behavior: touching one of the NavigationLinks going to the next level view. When coming back (via link in Navigation Bar) the Navigation Bar keeps showing text overlaid with text from the original one. Link to screenshot

Anybody with similar experience and a solution ?

[...]
    var body: some View {

NavigationView {
                ScrollView(.vertical) {

[...]

} 
                .navigationBarTitle("My Properties")
                .navigationBarItems(leading: Text("Level: \(player.level)").font(.headline).foregroundColor(.orange), trailing: Text("$ \(player.capital)").font(.headline).foregroundColor(.orange))
                .sheet(item: self.$selectedProperty, content: {property in
                    PropertyDetailOwnerSheet(property: property)
                        .environmentObject(self.player)
                })

} 
            .onAppear(perform: {
                _ = self.timer
              })

} 
[...]

Funnily I've noticed this as well; for the NavBarTitle. I'm unsure what combination of events leads to it, as it doesn't alwaya happen. I think it may be to dowith opening sheets, but I've not tested enough.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Fernando Olivares

SPONSORED Would you describe yourself as knowledgeable, but struggling when you have to come up with your own code? Fernando Olivares has a new book containing iOS rules you can immediately apply to your coding habits to see dramatic improvements, while also teaching applied programming fundamentals seen in refactored code from published apps.

Try the book!

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.