UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

TextField is not moved back down with keyboard avoidance on

Forums > SwiftUI

Hi,

Does any know what I've done wrong here?

Problem

When I tap on the text field and the keyboard appears. Tap on the navgation link to get to the second screen. Then go back, the text field has not returned to the "non-focused" position.

• iOS: 16
  • Sim: iPhone 14 Pro

Expectation

I am expecting to see the text field back at its original starting place. That is, when I tap the field, the keyboard avoidance causes that field to move up. Then I tap return on the keyboard to dismiss the keyboard, the text field returns to its starting position. When I navigation between view, I expect the same behaviour because the keyboard has been dismissed.

Steps

• Tap the textField (assuming software keyboard is on)
  • Tap the navigationLink
  • Tap Back
import SwiftUI

struct ContentView: View {
    @State private var text: String = "Hello, world!"

var body: some View {
        NavigationView {
            VStack {
                NavigationLink("Hello", destination: { Text("World") })

TextField("Whoops", text: $text)
            }
        }
    }
}

struct ContentView_Previews: PreviewProvider {
    static var previews: some View {
        ContentView()
    }
}

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.