UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SwiftUI with CoreData

Forums > SwiftUI

First off, great tutorials and info. I followed a tutorial on Swift UI and CoreData and I have a toggle in the cell that completes the task. The issue I have is that if I only have one item saved in CoreData the view does refresh. I played around with creating an observable object but no luck. Anyways, if anyone has a suggestion on what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it. https://github.com/debratton/SwiftUI-ToDo

I figured the github link was better than pasting a bunch of code?

Thanks.

To be more specific, in included a screenshot ![https://github.com/debratton/SwiftUI-ToDo/blob/master/Simulator%20Screen%20Shot%20-%20iPhone%2011%20-%202020-03-19%20at%2017.36.12.png]

This works great when there are two items in core data. If there is only one, I have to click the toggle 3 times before fetchrequest or view updates. I can click once and the toggle changes, but doesn't move to completed segment without switching to that segment.

CategoryCompleteToggle(passedCategory: passedCategory, isOn: $isOn)
        } // End HStack
        Text(catName)
    } // End VStack
        .padding(10)
}

}

struct CategoryCompleteToggle: View {
    var passedCategory: Category
    @Environment(\.managedObjectContext) var moc
    @ObservedObject var catToggle = CategoryToggle()
    @Binding var isOn: Bool
var body: some View {
    VStack(alignment: .trailing) {
        Toggle(isOn: $isOn) {
            EmptyView()
        }
        .onAppear {
            self.isOn = self.passedCategory.catCompleted
            print("ONLOAD ISON VALUE: \(self.isOn)")
        }
        .onTapGesture {
            self.catToggle.catToggleOn = !self.isOn
            print("IsOn Value: \(self.isOn)")
            print("Passed Category Name: \(self.passedCategory.catName ?? "Unknown")")
            print("Current Completed Value: \(self.passedCategory.catCompleted)")
            self.passedCategory.catCompleted = !self.isOn
            do {
                try self.moc.save()
            } catch {
                print(error.localizedDescription)
            }

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.