UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SwiftUI Toggle to change setting on server

Forums > SwiftUI

I need to implement a simple switch toggle in SwiftUI, but its setting needs to be written to our server. I implemented it with an @State variable and .onChange(), but I'm not sure if this is the best way. Moreover, I don't know the best way to set the initial value of the state property, which also needs to be fetched from the server.

Any advice?

Oh, also, this needs to work on iOS 14.

Thanks!

You can use the onAppear modifier on your view to make the network call to fetch the initial value. If it's not your initial view you can make the call on application start and store the value temporarily on your device. Either way, you have to have an fallback if network is not available.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.