UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SF Symbols resource

Forums > SwiftUI

Does anyone have a good resource for creating custom SF Symbols? I've looked at some things online and tried some online converters but I haven't had much luck yet in getting anything to work.

I used Sketch to create some and it wasn't too bad. I tried some instructions I found online for using Affinity Designer and found it a less than ideal experience. The best tip is to start from an exported version of an existing symbol. Find one that is similiar in size and shape to what you want to create and then export it from the SFSymbols app. Make your customizations to that file.

Creating Custom SF Symbols Using Affinity Designer

Generating custom SF Symbols from existing SVG files - クックパッド開発者ブログ

Creating Custom SF Symbols Using Affinity Designer | by Stephen Anthony | Medium

I'll try to find any other articles I used. Frankly, I'm surprised that even nearly 3 years later, there are so few resources for making your own.

There is an app on the store but I have no idea if it's any good and at a $13+ per year subscription, I'm not really inclined to try it out for something I can muddle through on my own.

Thanks for the info.

I was tempted to get the app but it looks like it only converts from SVG.

Affinty Designer seems overkill for what I need, but so far it looks like the best option.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.