UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: ScrollView Looking Poopy Amongst NavigationLink

Forums > SwiftUI

I have the following NavigationLink view in my app, it includes a ScrollView for a LazyHStack and for some reason, the NavigtationLink Title has a ton of padding on the bottom. OR the ScrollView has a ton of padding on the top. I do not understand where the gap exists and have tried adjusting every modifier I can think of to close this huge space. I just want the content in the VStack to flow right after the NavLink title at the top.

Here's the ScrollView i'm displaying:

private func gifGallery() -> some View {

ScrollView(.horizontal, showsIndicators: false) {

LazyHGrid(rows: [GridItem(.flexible())], spacing: 8) {

ForEach(gifList, id: \.self) { gifImage in
                    createGifView(with: gifImage)
                }
                .frame(width: 300)
            }
        }
    }

Here's the NavigationLink view where I call the gifGallery() view method:

var body: some View {

ZStack {
            LinearGradient(gradient: Gradient(colors: [Color.purple, Color.blue]), startPoint: .top, endPoint: .bottom)
                .edgesIgnoringSafeArea(.all)

NavigationLink(
                destination: SendMessages(selectedGifName: selectedGifName, selectedContacts: selectedContacts, oldAddress: oldAddress, newAddress: newAddress),
                isActive: $isMessageBuilt,
                label: {
//                    EmptyView()
                })
                .opacity(0)

VStack {
                Text("Select an image to go with your new address details." )
                    .font(.custom("Helvetica Neue", size: 20))
                    .fontWeight(.medium)
                    .foregroundColor(.white)
                    .padding()

gifGallery()

Ignore all the NavigationLink destination info above.

Here's what the code above does on device, notice the huge space between the NavigationLink title at the top and the "Select and image" text and gifGallery slider:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yBZOodIuSDbgb3KY0MyKJx-7ynGqROfa/view?usp=sharing

Your NavugationLink isn't displayed on the screen; "Create your message" is the title given to the NavigationView that wraps the whole thing. The big gap is because things gets centered on the screen by default in SwiftUI. You need to put a Spacer() as the last item in the VStack in order to push everything up to the top.

As usual @roosterboy, you are right on the hen.

That solved it.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.