UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

onTap gesture on the whole screen except TextField

Forums > SwiftUI

Hi,

I would like to cancel a user input using a TextField when one taps anywhere on the screen but this TextField. Is that possible?

Thanks Alessandro

if you use a zstack and place a button (using maxwidth and maxheight frame modifier) behind your textfield

Wouldn't that do the opposite of what I am looking for? What I am looking for is a SwiftUI equivalent to the UIKit "tap outside"

Sorry I think I may have read thr question wrong the first time.

so you'd like it so that if the user is typing in a textfield and the keyboard is up then they can tap anywhere else on the screen and the cursor will move out of the textfield and the keyboard will go down?

is that right or have I misunderstood?

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.