UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

NavigationSplitView

Forums > SwiftUI

Has anyone observed sheet appearance/dismissal animation issues when using NavSplitView and the sheet presentation is originated from the detail view?

I have a TabView with 4 tabs. Each of them shows a NavigationSplitView and in some of them there are sheets opened from the detail view. The sheet animations look fine to me, but opening the sheet will SOMETIMES break the appearance of the TabBar.

Normal appearance: normal appearance

After opening the sheet: after opening the sheet The TabBars appearance will return to normal, when scrolling or interacting with the views.

hi,

i've seen the code that OP Mark was using that generated his question about visual issues with NavigationSplitView, and it has something in common with the code from Loahrs: both use a TabView as a top-level container with one or more NavigationSplitViews as panes inside a TabView.

before NavigationSplitView, it was made pretty clear that, in iOS and SwiftUI, you could put a NavigationView inside a TabView, but not the other way around, as TabView was considered a top-level container.

now, with NavigationSplitView, i think it's likely the case that NavigationSplitView is assumed to itself be a top-level container, so it should not be placed inside, say, a TabView.

if so, this could explain some of the visual problems that Mark and Loahrs describe.

so i wonder if anyone can confirm this assertion:

a NavigationSplitView should not be placed inside a TabView

might someone have an answer? if so, maybe that will help,

DMG

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.