UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Make NavigationView background to transparent in swiftUI (not navigationbar)

Forums > SwiftUI

My NavigationView is inside an Image . Because of the white background of NavigationView , the image is not visible .

• Adding opacity to navigationView background color property is not working in swiftui

• Only Way I found is to make NavigationView Opacity value to zero . But child views are inherited by the same opacity value and gone hidden.

Is there any way to clear navigationView Background Or is there any way to add opacity to parent without affecting child views

Did you try a ZStack? Rather than using the image as a background, you could place the navigation view on top of it.

I'm having this same issue. Placing the NavigationView in a ZStack doesn't seem to make a difference b/c the NavigationView itself is not transparent.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.