UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

iOS14 Modals not rendering properly, accent color issue?

Forums > SwiftUI

In iOS13, using .sheet to display a modal, everything was great...

In iOS14, I'm seeing inconsistent results. I have a modal that can be called from different views, and each one results in different behavior:

• Text in TextField not visible (assigned same color as background)
  • Buttons rendered the same color as the background
  • List items rendered the same color as the background

They're all there, just can't see them. And depending on what view calls the modal, I get different behavior.

The workaround is to set the accent color and the foreground color with modifiers in the modal view.

Is anyone seeing similar behavior? Any better solutions?

I have a similar issue. For me, when there is a list in a sheetView, the list elements are loaded and visible but the text color is "grey" and the font of the text is very small. Just at the moment after touching the screen and scrolling down, everything will be rendered fine (if you don't touch, the render remains in the same corrupted way).

I've notice a 1pt/px space between my 'fullscreen' modal and statusbar on ios14 device (iOS 11 14.0). I have also notice text size jumping when navigating to and from a view. I'm using UIAppearance to set a default size of all labels. These two examples don't happen on the iphone8 ios 13.7.

P.S. I just thought I would check if there were any iOS updates before posting, there's 14.0.1.

Thanks everyone! I'm seeing in the behavior in 14.0.1 as well. I submitted with Apple and update here.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.