UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

I have a complicated core data icloudkit requirement for my app

Forums > SwiftUI

I have a complicated core data icloudkit requirement for my app

The app requires two cloud containers

1st one (iCloud.com.mycompany.students) will be shared with my other apps. The database can be a private database. which I plan to use core data + icloudkit (NSPersistentCloudKitContainer)

2nd icloud container (iCloud.com.mycompany.content) which will be only used by one app, it has two databases (the public and the private database share the same schema) public database includes the built in content I plan to use regular icloudkit to access the data private database includes the user created content which I plan to use NSPersistentCloudkitCountainer)

So do I need three database containers with two different icloud container identifiers ?

Do I need to create two models one to manage the students and another one is to manage user created content?

How can I creat the store description for coredata icloudkit to access the different database containers?

I am new to swift and cloudkit and core data.

Thanks

I'm struggling with it myself at the moment.
I've found a useful post explaining Cloudkit with a demo project:
Rambo.codes: Cloudkit 101

Maybe it helps you

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.