UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

How to dismiss using NavigationLink isActive in a List

Forums > SwiftUI

This refers to the "Complete Guide to NavigationView in SwiftUI".

I cannot find a solution to dismiss a detail view without using the environemnt variable presentationMode when using NavigationLink inside a list. According to Apple dev forums, it is not supported to use NavigationLink( isActive: ) inside of a List.

How can I push a view for an array of items and still dismiss the detail view programmatically?

Any hints? Thank you!

Did you try passing the boolean binding (used in isActive) to the detail view and then setting it to false when you want to dismiss it? This should work the same way as the presentationMode environment.

Otherwise it would be helpful to have a small piece of code illustrating what your issue is.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.