UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Attach a screen shot

Forums > SwiftUI

How do I add a screenshot to a post on this forum?

i thought I might be able to paste it but no go.

You have to upload it somwhere (Dropbox, Imgur, github, etc.) and then use the image tag here to post a link:

![image description goes here](image link goes here)

Hi rooster boy and thanks. I was able to add a link to the screen shot via dropbox.

This wasn't really what I wanted. I want to paste the screenshot directly onto the post.

For Dropbox links, you have to include raw=1 (instead of dl=0) at the end of the URL to insert the image itself into the post.

![fire the dogs!](https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5n17b3y72zcmx1/fire_the_dogs_sm.png?raw=1)

fire the dogs!

Hi rooster boy and thanks. I was able to add a link to the screen shot via dropbox.

This wasn't really what I wanted. I want to paste the screenshot directly onto the post.

Hi again and thanks. That still gives a web address link in my post. Touching the link brings up the screen shot. Almost what I wanted.

Your Dropbox URL is displaying as a link instead of an image because you didn't do the image link correctly. You have to have the description part as well as the URL.

![Playground not-fullscreen image](https://www.dropbox.com/s/umd46rvnnroy229/IMG_1139%202.PNG?raw=1)

Playgrounds fullscreen image

Hi Roosterboy Thanks for your patience. That fixed it.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.