UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

FileExporter show "Move" label

Forums > SwiftUI

@Pigna  

Hi!

I'm using the fileExporter modifier but in the "File" modal I have the action "Move" and not the action "Save" Is there a way to edit this action label?

I don't think there is a way to do this (aside from creating your own file exporter), since the documentation says that it displays a system interface.

So, the interface layout that is displayed is probably saved in iOS somewhere and you wouldn't be able to modify it. Much like the way that a UIImagePickerController will display the photo library or camera in the way that Apple decided was the best way to show that type of thing in an iOS environment.

@Pigna  

Mhm ok, so why does it show "Move"? I mean it seams wrong to me, since I'm exporting a file, it can be confusing for users are using the app...

I think Apple just wants to train people to think this way because of the way that their apps all work in their own private sandbox with their files inaccessible by other apps.

So, when our app saves something, it is saving the data in its own environment that can only be accessed by that app. But when we export something, it is moving it from our app to another place that could be accessible by another app.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.