UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Dynamic Font Weight in Text Field

Forums > SwiftUI

I can't find anything about how to programtically change font characteristics in a Text field (or label or anything.

All examples show hard coded like this:

Text("This is an extremely long text string that will never fit even the widest of phones")
    .font(.largeTitle)
    .foregroundColor(Color.red)

Can anyone suggest (or point me to) a way to do something like this (this doesn't work - duh):

var weight = Font.weight.thin

Text("hello world")
    .font(weight)

The use case is I want the end user to be able to customise the UI for my app using preferences. Think of the temes options in XCode. I know those are atrtibuted text, which is different. But, i want to do similar with plain text in forms with text, labels, etc.

TIA

var weight: Font.Weight = .thin
var body: some View {
    Text("hello world")
        .font(Font.largeTitle.weight(weight))
}

@roosterboy, thank you very much. That exactly answers my question - now I feel stupid. So, next I need to figure out how to get @AppStorage to not get indigestion over it - LOL.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.