UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

double clicking a NavigationLink opens another view window

Forums > SwiftUI

Writing a Macos app. The following code just puts up a simple navigation list. everthing is fine with single clicking the Row links and displaying the Detail row If you double click the NavigationLink, another window opens with only the Text view on it. During my testing, there was a button to dismiss the view on the detail window, and if clicked, the original window would close leaving this stripped down view open.

I have to assume that no one else is seeing this since I cannot see anything from other people. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this to happen?

import SwiftUI

struct ContentView: View {

var body: some View {
        HStack {
            NavigationView {
                List(0..<100) { row in
                    NavigationLink(destination: Text("Detail \(row)")) {
                        Text("Row \(row)")
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

@guci0 I put in the sizes and got the same results. Since you are seeing the little window, you are experiencing the same issue

@TheTwoNotes I put in the following with the same results. 1) with both gestures, only the single displays the print, the double click gives me the extra window opening as before. 2) with only the count: 2 in , on a double click I get the same extra window opening with the Text Row displayed...not what should happen

.onTapGesture(count: 1) {
                    print("tapped single \(row)")
                }
                .onTapGesture(count: 2) {
                    print("tapped double \(row)")
                }

Hey, I tried this and not seeing any issue. Here is the code I ran locally:

import SwiftUI

struct ContentView: View {
   var body: some View {
      VStack {
         NavigationView {
            List(0..<100) { row in
               NavigationLink(destination: Text("Detail \(row)")) {
                  Text("Row \(row)")
                     .padding()
               }
            }
         }
      }
   }
}

struct ContentView_Previews: PreviewProvider {
    static var previews: some View {
        ContentView()
    }
}

Maybe you could try something with adding gestures for single and double tap, on single, open the view, on double, do nothing.

@guci0  

@rbquick I tested – your destination view is so small just resize. This is my first post 🎉

NavigationLink(destination: Text("Detail \(row)").frame(width: 300, height: 300)) {

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.