UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

ContentView, ViewController and Main.storyboard question

Forums > SwiftUI

Hi there everyone,

Over the Summer I worked on (and still am) 100 days of swiftUI. Found it v challenging and am moving more slowly than anticipated.

This fall, I've continued with my college certificate programme iOS Development, with the fall semester class "Programming for iOS II", after having taken the basic programming class in the spring (Swift playground).

This fall class has started with a focus in Main.storyboard, building buttons there and then mapping/dragging them to the ViewController.

I'm rather confused. In the 100 days of swiftUI we wrote code that incoporated navigationView, navigationLink and Button to create button features.

So do we write code using Main.storyboard and ViewController or in ContentView using navigationView etc.

thanks

Paul

ContentView, NavigationView, NavigationLink, etc are part of the SwiftUI framework. This is covered in 100 Days of SwiftUI.

Main.storyboard and ViewControllers are part of the UIKit framework. This is covered in 100 Days of Swift.

Two different frameworks for creating GUIs for your apps. Sounds like the class you are taking is using UIKit.

Thanks for the info.

now i feel slightly less foolish. wish it was the swiftUI framework, so I could take advantage of the work I had been doing over the Summer.

thanks again,

Paul

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.