UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Advanced Geometry?

Forums > SwiftUI

Hi, I have a Geometry to align two HStacks vertically.

The second row of my VStack has three individual returns. I separated them as separate elements so I can align them vertically.

If I make all three variables as one element so I can apply a modifier, is it still possible to align them vertically?

Or vice versa?

The second row which has the "deriveVibration" function has three variables V, C, and T which has diferrent result as the variables on top deriveV, deriveC, and deriverawTotal.

How do I apply this modifier? Text(deriveVibration(string: self.profile.name)) .font(.largeTitle) { if Text(deriveT(string: self.profile.name)) = 4, 6, or 8 { .foregroundColor(Color.Green) } else .foregroundColor(Color.White) }

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

My current code below is set as one element. How can I align them individually without breaking them apart?

GeometryReader { proxy in
 VStack(spacing: 0) {
    HStack {
        Text(deriveVowels(string: self.profile.name))
        Text(deriveConsonants(string: self.profile.name))
        Text(deriveRawTotal(string: self.profile.name))
            }
            .font(.headline)
            .frame(width: proxy.size.width * 0.04, alignment: .top) .fixedSize()
        Text(deriveVibration(string: self.profile.name))
            .font(.largeTitle)
            }
            .frame(width: proxy.size.width * 1, alignment: .top) .fixedSize()
            .foregroundColor(Color.white)
            .multilineTextAlignment(TextAlignment.center)
            }
         .frame(idealWidth: 8, maxHeight: 88)

Did you try using an alignment parameter on your HStack?

HStack(alignment: .top) {
}

Yes, it didn't change anything. I should mention that the top row is a smaller size than the bottom row and the top row could show a two digit per box whereas the bottom will always have a single digit per box.

Check out custom Alignment Guides. Very powerful, and simple to use!

https://www.hackingwithswift.com/books/ios-swiftui/how-to-create-a-custom-alignment-guide

There's also a great video from WWDC2019 'Building Custom Views in SwiftUI', which demonstrates custom alignment guides starting at about the 20m50s mark:

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2019/237/

Thank you, I will look into this.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.