UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Why can't I add properties to my target?

Forums > Swift

I’m using Xcode 14 and working through the GettingStarted guide for using Google AdMob in iOS apps. At one point, the documentation mentions that you need to add two keys to your project’s Info.plist file, which hasn’t been featured in Xcode since Xcode 13 came-out.

I’m completely-blind, so I may be missing something here, but I’ve followed Apple’s directions to navigate to the Info tab in my Project, select my target, then navigate to its custom properties. I can find this table with Voiceover, but there are no options to add or remove properties. What do I need to do so I can add these two new properties to my target?While attempting to incorporate sound in my project for the first time, I dragged the desired file from my Downloads folder inside of Finder, directly into my project navigator without making sure it would copy as needed. This led to not being able to find the file at runtime, so I deleted it so I could try again.

To be completely clear, I deleted it by selecting it in the project navigator, then pressing command + delete. When prompted, I opted to move it to the trash.

Now, when I try and build (yes, I mean build, not run) my project, Xcode throws an error saying that file can’t be found, and it points back to my Downloads folder in Finder. This file is no longer in my project, nor is it represented in the project navigator. What can I do to fix this?

Go to "INFO' tab then right click on the list to add a row

plist

Thanks, you confirmed that I was in the right place. For any other blind developers using Voiceover, unfortunately, that interface becomes inaccessible once a new row has been added. You will have to get help from someone who can see. I tried doing this remotely via Apple's Accessibility Support line using remote access, and they were unable to help. However, they did confirm that a new row was being shown, you just can't access it with Voiceover.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.