UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Using Master-Detail view for only *part* of application

Forums > Swift

I'm working on an application where I want to be able to quickly reference the data used to drive the application, and then I want to be able to perform tests using that data in a different view.

I've got a Master-Detail setup that's working pretty well. The problem is...getting out of it.

I can't seem to push any views over it. I tried adding a LandingPage view above it, setting that as the initial view controller, and pushing from there—nothing.

I can set up a segue from the LandingPage view controller to the MasterViewController, and it works-ish. The Master-Detail view gets presented modally, and is dismissable with a sweep downward. It's an improvement, but far from ideal, to say the least.

Is there something I'm missing here, or are you just bound hard and fast into Master-Detail view for everything when using that structure?

I'm not sure if this will help, but if you're looking to NOT use Master-Detail, you can change the Navigation style with .navigationViewStyle(StackNavigationViewStyle())

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.