UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

updateSearchResults()

Forums > Swift

Hi, i found this topic: https://www.hackingwithswift.com/example-code/uikit/how-to-use-uisearchcontroller-to-let-users-enter-search-words about UISearchController, and method updateSearchResults()

func updateSearchResults(for searchController: UISearchController) {
    guard let text = searchController.searchBar.text else { return }
    print(text)
}

But the problem is - i didn't find any examples of filtering or updating results, only description:

The system calls this method when the search bar becomes the first responder or the search bar’s text changes. Perform any required filtering and updating of search results or suggestions inside of this method.

In my case, i have a TableView with a list of values from a dictionary as my data. Can i have an example how to filter my values list through this method?

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.