UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Swift Algorithms

Forums > Swift

I saw the video about swift algorithms posted a couple of weeks ago and I've successfully been able to include a couple of the functions in my code which has made it much simpler and no doubt more efficient.

Since adding Swift Algorithms to my project and including it, I've found that my project takes significantly longer to compile and run. Also the automatic error checking seems to take a long time to pop up with any errors. Previous to this, the project and the error checking was very quick and I had no issues.

I'm aware that my MacBook Air is not ideal for coding and things would be quicker if I had the top of the range mac, but for practical reasons I'm happy with the Air.

Does anyone have an idea on how to improve the performance of xcode, at least for the speed of the error checking, when including algorithms?

Many thanks!

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.