UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Project 14 -Xcode Simulator - App not showing FULL screen on iPad air and newer

Forums > Swift

Hellow all!

The app shows full screen just fine on iPad 8th generation but not on iPad air and newer:

Screenshot

What am I missing?

Thank you!

Hi @mrkos-mrtinelli

Think you posted this twice!

Have you checked your code against Getting up and running: SKCropNode

Quote from that tutorial

To do that, open GameViewController.swift and find this line of code:

scene.scaleMode = .aspectFill

Now modify it to this:

scene.scaleMode = .fill

If you run the game again you’ll see it looks identical on iPad, iPad Air, and iPad Pro 12.9-inch, but it is ever so slightly stretched on the 11-inch iPad Pro – imperceptible, really, but it avoids our score lying off the screen.

Hey @NigelGee

Thanks for pointing me to that.

I do have the scene.scaleMode set to .fill (Source)

I'm still researching this but I am also just going to re-create the project and see what happens.

"Select your project and under General->App icons and launch images->Launch Screen File = Main" – dr0n (https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/661269)

The above solved my issue with project 14 and project 17

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.