UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Please help a newbie!

Forums > Swift

Hello, I am a complete newbie to xcode and IOS development, only dabbled in the playground of the courses, but not the essence. I am asking for help from those who know how to implement my little idea for automating routine tasks IN THE BROWSER. I would like to explain at least the logic of the construction. I work in the Rookee service, I want to write a program that can automatically import csv files. Visually, I imagine it like this -> on macOS a program, in it there is a window, and in it a browser, like WEBKit, a couple of buttons -> "load a folder with files into the base" and a button "start the import process". I thought I could put these files in a database with numbering, and the program will automatically read the name of the file "first file.csv", for example, check it in the browser through the search script, if there is one, it takes the file and imports it by the script (a couple of actions in the browser do ), and then deletes the file from the database and so on with the next one. Well, if there are no such files, it simply sends information to the log that was not there and continues to work. I imagined it somehow like this, so maybe someone knows how to implement it or there was an experience. I would be grateful if someone can simply explain another version of the implementation in private messages with ease. Thanks to those who took the time to read this nonsense)

You don't need a browser to read csv files. You can fetch and delete them via network calls in a MacOS/iOS whatever app.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.