UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Physics bodies are not working with Textures

Forums > Swift

So I guess there was an update that made physics bodies not work with textures in SpriteKit. Evertime I run the project on an IOS 13.0 simulator or later the error comes up saying "Physics bodie could not be created". What should I do? I cant find an answer anywhere.

It seems to be a problem related strictly to the simulator. In my case, downgrading the simulator to iOS 12.x.x or using a real device (even with the newest iOS) executes the code flawlessly. So I hope for the Xcode engineers to fix that soon.

I faced this same issue in Project 36. Using a real device instead of simulator resolved the error for me.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.