UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Multicolor SF Symbols in UIKit

Forums > Swift

Hi everyone,

I am interested in using multicolor SF Symbols in UIKit; however, the documentation seems to be very limited (all examples I have been able to find use only SwiftUI). I have set the rendering mode to .alwaysOriginal, and can adjust the tint color to change the color of the monochrome symbol, but am unsure of what to do beyond that.

For example, my UIImage SF Symbols look something like this:

static let checkmarkCircleFill = UIImage(systemName: "checkmark.circle.fill")?.withConfiguration(UIImage.SymbolConfiguration(weight: .semibold)).withTintColor(UIColor.systemGreen, renderingMode: .alwaysOriginal)

Are multicolored symbols possible to implement in UIKit, and if so, would anyone have a resource they could point me towards that would show me how to use it?

Thank you! -Thomas

According to this Apple Developers thread UIKit doesn't currently support multi-coloured SF Symbols.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.