UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Migrating app to multi-platform iOS 14/macOS 10.16 - creating new app folder structure?

Forums > Swift

I've been working on an app that I started on a few months back with iOS 13 and now I'd like to have it only support iOS 14+ and also be able to build to a macOS app. I updated the checkboxes in the Project file to support macOS and then I created a new app file that includes @main (along with adding the appdelegate mentioned here https://www.hackingwithswift.com/quick-start/swiftui/how-to-add-an-appdelegate-to-a-swiftui-app) and I commented out "@UIApplicationMain" in AppDelegate.swift.

Now the build succeeds but instantly crashes for some symbol not found error with the directory mentioning maccatalyst (dyld: Symbol not found: _$s4Body7SwiftUI3AppPTl).

I created a new multiplatform app from scratch and noticed it has a new folder structure: Shared, iOS, macOS. Do I need to manually create this folder structure myself?

Did you ever figure something out for this issue? I just ran into the exact same thing. I could start over with a fresh multi-platform app, but I'm curious to see if you found a solution!

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.