UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

is Swift still worthy?

Forums > Swift

Hello guys, I'm new to the community and new to swift; I've been developing enterprise web applications for the last 10 years mainly with Java EE and differente javascript fraweworks. I love Apple ecosystem and always wanted to get into swift for iOS development; I have been taking a course and just love it, everynight I spend couple hours and more before sleep on the course; swift is so clear and clean; I would like to continue and probably take it to a professional level. However I see a lot of fuss regarding hybrid technologies and a lot of comments on youtube and forums about native development not being used a lot nowadays. So I would liket to get advice and point of views of people working on iOS native development.

Thanks in advance!

Native development with Swift will always be more supported and more used than any hybrid method. You can feel safe continuing with Swift.

You will always find extremely vocal boosters of the latest cool framework or cross-platform technology or whatnot but those come and go while native development continues along. Apple is all-in on Swift and is expanding the language with every release.

Cross platform comes and goes. React native has been more successful than most but the tooling is horrible and updates are a total mess. Apple is going full on with swift and it is the future of iOS and hopefully Mac programming. Along with SwiftUI.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.