UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Info.plist - Where/when does it get Generated - How do I trigger Generation from Project files?

Forums > Swift

I'm about 17 levels deep into trying to get an example App in iOS to be able to read/download images from the web... WOW this get's so complicated. Maybe I'm a dog that's barking up the WRONG tree. Please help me find the right tree... and the proper squrrel.

iOS 15 example code I'm trying to write with Xcode 13 Beta. Created a iOS App Project

• issue: there is no info.plist in the project

Content is in the project file 'Build Settings' to generate the info.plist in Packaging section.

So I want to add the XML code like suggested in ATS article... but there is no info.plist (in XML format). https://www.hackingwithswift.com/example-code/system/how-to-handle-the-https-requirements-in-ios-with-app-transport-security

How do I get Xcode to generate the Info.plist file and swap to using it?

Per Apple's release notes for the beta:

Projects created from several templates no longer require configuration files such as entitlements and Info.plist files. Configure common fields in the target’s Info tab, and build settings in the project editor. These files are added to the project when additional fields are used. (68254857)

In Xcode 13, you have to click on your Project, then select Targets, then Info. You can make changes there. You no longer need an Info.plist file but Xcode will create one for you once you make changes to the default.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.