UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

How to get the comment/post description of a Photo in a shared Album?

Forums > Swift

Hi I want to show a shared photo album in my app. Using PHPhotoLibrary.shared() and PHAssetCollection I get all photos of the requested photo album and I get an information if the album content changes. So far so good, but i want to access the comments on the photos and the post text , which can be added when adding photos to a shared album. Is there anyone who has a solution for this problem? regards Sven

As of 10 months ago, seems the chatter on Apple's development forums says "No".

see How to access caption metadata?

I have no direct knowledge of this topic.

Hi Obelix, sorry for the late reply. I was ill last weeks. Thank you very much. I placed a question in the Aple Forum, perhaps anyone there knows why this Information is not public or how to access it. regards and a happy new year Sven

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.