UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

fairly new to coding, should I start with Swift?

Forums > Swift

need to land a new job, started taking a Swift course and loving it....but then I start hearing that it's hard to get an iOS developer gig? looking at job postings, it does look like there are a ton more web dev jobs out there.

my end goal right now is to just get a new job in the next couple months, so the safe play seems to be to beef up my web development skills. but building iOS apps is something Ive always wanted to do....I just can't gamble on the fact that it's going to be really hard for someone like me to land a job doing it in the next 4 or 5 months.

can you guys share any thoughts or insight on this? thanks.

Have you read https://www.hackingwithswift.com/career-guide

might be good place then you can decide on if you want web design or Swift

I don't know where you are based but if you spend 4-5 months really learning Swift and iOS then you should be in pretty good position. There is more jobs in web development but that is fragmented market. You need to decide whether you want frontend/backend and then what sort of language and framework to start..

On the other hand there is one iOS platform and one language. Just don't start with SwiftUI that would be a mistake.

Good luck.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.