UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

CoreData and Preview (accessing a UUID property in the preview container)

Forums > Swift

Hi,

I am not sure whether this questions belongs to the Swift or SwuiftUI thread but here it is: I define a couple of dummy entities in my preview container, and in some Views, I fetch them using an "id" predicate. How do I make this preview work, ie, how can I access the assigned UUID in my preview entities?

recipe_id would be one of the dummy recipes' id created in the Persistence class.

Basically it would be something like:

struct DetailedRecipeView_Previews: PreviewProvider {

static var previews: some View {

return DetailedRecipeView(for: recipe_id).environment(\.managedObjectContext, PersistenceController.preview.container.viewContext)
    }
}

The view itself is initialized like that:

@FetchRequest private var recipe: FetchedResults<Recipe>

init(for id: UUID) {
        _recipe = FetchRequest(
            entity: Recipe.entity(),
            sortDescriptors: [NSSortDescriptor(keyPath: \Recipe.name, ascending: true)],
            predicate: NSPredicate(format: "recipe_id == %@", id as CVarArg),
            animation: .default)
    }

The preview is working well when starting from the Root view and going down.

Thanks Alessandro

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.