UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Core Data crash adding unique constraints with duplicate items

Forums > Swift

I’ve an app on the App Store and I’ve noticed that in rare circumstances, when I update the fields of an object in CoreData, a new NSManagedObject is created with the new property value and all the relationships set to null.

So, I’ve an inconsistency in the database because there could be the possibility to have at the same time the old object and a duplicated one with null relationship and the updated property value.

I’m studying the problem and the solution could be to add a unique constraint (the objects have an id field which should be unique). The problem is that this migration causes the crash if duplicated objects are in the database. On a fresh install, instead, all works correctly. How can I manage the migration of the users with duplicate items?

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.