UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

CloudKit authentication

Forums > Swift

Apologies if this question is basic, I'm new to CloudKit.

I'm going to start using biometrics in my apps when accessing CloudKit. The question I have before I start is: When a user uses biometrics to log into the app, are the records in the cloud only visible to that user...... i.e. A mother and daughter are using the same AppleID on 2 different devices but use them with their own face or fingerprint recognition.... i.e. the mother is using an iPhone and the daughter uses her iPad. If they both download the same app would all the records be available to them both, because they use the same AppleID, or would using the biometrics filter out the daughters records when the mother is using her iPhone and visa versa.... I hope this makes sense!

The data is linked to the AppleID not to biometrics.

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.