WWDC22 SALE: Save 50% on all my Swift books and bundles! >>

CloudKit authentication

Forums > Swift

Apologies if this question is basic, I'm new to CloudKit.

I'm going to start using biometrics in my apps when accessing CloudKit. The question I have before I start is: When a user uses biometrics to log into the app, are the records in the cloud only visible to that user...... i.e. A mother and daughter are using the same AppleID on 2 different devices but use them with their own face or fingerprint recognition.... i.e. the mother is using an iPhone and the daughter uses her iPad. If they both download the same app would all the records be available to them both, because they use the same AppleID, or would using the biometrics filter out the daughters records when the mother is using her iPhone and visa versa.... I hope this makes sense!

The data is linked to the AppleID not to biometrics.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Emerge

SPONSORED Why are Swift reference types bad for app startup time, and what’s the performance cost of protocol conformances? That’s just a couple of the topics you can learn about on the Emerge blog — written by the app performance experts behind Emerge’s advanced app optimization and monitoring tools, based on their experience of working at companies like Apple, Airbnb, Snap, and Spotify.

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.