UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Badge notification permanently set to 100. Please help

Forums > Swift

Hello Everyone,

First off, I am sorry if this is the wrong section to post my development question. I am new to the forums. I have a weird issue with my app that I am creating. I am making a reminders app and while testing out notifications (alerts, badge, sound, etc) I set the badge number = 100 because I wasn’t noticing any changes to the badge. Once I saw that it set to 100 I removed the code and added this code:

if let badge = badge { var currentBadgeCount = UIApplication.shared.applicationIconBadgeNumber currentBadgeCount += badge notificationContent.badge = NSNumber(integerLiteral: currentBadgeCount) }

but for some reason, regardless of any notifications/reminders being inside my app the badge number always reflects 100. I’ve included some screenshots to show my app delegate code.

What did I do wrong?

Edit: I have no idea how to upload a photo. Here is the app delegate code:

//
//  AppDelegate.swift
//  MyToDoList
//
//  Created by Bill Helmick on 9/23/20.
//

import UIKit
import UserNotifications
import UserNotificationsUI

@main
class AppDelegate: UIResponder, UIApplicationDelegate {

private func requestNotificationAuth(application: UIApplication) {

let center = UNUserNotificationCenter.current()
        let options: UNAuthorizationOptions = [.alert, .badge, .sound]

center.requestAuthorization(options: options) { granted, error in
            if let error = error {
                print(error.localizedDescription)
            }
        }

}

func application(_ application: UIApplication, didFinishLaunchingWithOptions launchOptions: [UIApplication.LaunchOptionsKey: Any]?) -> Bool {
        // Override point for customization after application launch.
        requestNotificationAuth(application: application)
        return true
    }

// MARK: UISceneSession Lifecycle

func application(_ application: UIApplication, configurationForConnecting connectingSceneSession: UISceneSession, options: UIScene.ConnectionOptions) -> UISceneConfiguration {
        // Called when a new scene session is being created.
        // Use this method to select a configuration to create the new scene with.
        return UISceneConfiguration(name: "Default Configuration", sessionRole: connectingSceneSession.role)
    }

func application(_ application: UIApplication, didDiscardSceneSessions sceneSessions: Set<UISceneSession>) {
        // Called when the user discards a scene session.
        // If any sessions were discarded while the application was not running, this will be called shortly after application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions.
        // Use this method to release any resources that were specific to the discarded scenes, as they will not return.
    }

//NOT WORKING.  Need to clear the badge number once you enter the app

func applicationDidBecomeActive(_ application: UIApplication) {
        UIApplication.shared.applicationIconBadgeNumber = 0
    }

func applicationWillEnterForeground(_ application: UIApplication) {
        UIApplication.shared.applicationIconBadgeNumber = 0
    }

}

Bump. Does anyone have any ideas?

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.