UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: Accessing TableView functions outside of the TableView extension or the ViewController in which it is defined

Forums > Swift

What I am trying to do is to increase the height of the tableView cell on tap of a button or any action for that matter. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, what exactly are you trying to achieve? Perhaps there is more optimal way to do this.

In the 3rd Swift project by Paul, theres a challenge wherein you have to display the index of the image that is selected from the tableView, in the title bar. As the indexPath variable is stored in another ViewController, I am unable to acess that variable. I hope I have explained my concern clearly.

Oh I see. indexPath is just a variable like any other, so you can freely copy it or assign just part of it (like the row property) to anywhere where you might need it 👍

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.