UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

deployment and installers: any guidance on tools or docs?

Forums > macOS

@markr  

Hello!

A side project I'm messing with at the moment is a swift wrapper (effectively a status bar app and some API calls) around a CLI vpn client. This requires, amongst other things, moving some files around and dropping some config files.

I was hoping to use an installer to do this, and I've been trying to work out the best approach for this. pkgbuild and productbuild come up, and in a previous life I've used Jamf composer - but I can't seem to find any canonical guidance on what approach to take for managing both this, building slightly more complex installation scripts and managing ongoing updates.

Can anyone point to any (usuable) apple or third party docs or tools for this?

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.