UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

[Hiring] Coding Coach - SwiftUI, CoreData plus Text Recognition, Bluetooth, Siri, Graphs, CoreML

Forums > Job Postings

I am looking for a coding coach. For my already large but unfinished SwiftUI app that uses CoreData, Bluetooth, Text Recognition, reading JSON (mostly working but integration gets confusing) and I will be wanting to add Siri, Graphs, either Cloudkit or Ensembles and possibly some CoreML.

I can’t code full time so my working knowledge of SwiftUI, Swift and CoreData are a little bit all over the place. It would help if I could ask questions to someone like:

I need to create and maintain a list of ‘used numbers’ every year which are also uniquely associated with a colour. I’m thinking I will need to store this in its own CoreData entity. The numbers must be unique within colour and year and when the user needs to find an unused number for a given colour and year then the app must tell them the lowest unused number that is available for them to use. They can then add this number to the used number list.

Sometimes the user might accidentally use a much larger number than the lowest available and they must add this number to the used number list. For example, Orange 78 might be the next highest number, but the user might accidentally need to record that they used Orange 87. So the Orange sequence available will subsequently be Orange - 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 88… etc.

I would like help knowing should this be an array? A set? And the intricacies of getting an NSSet to an array from CoreData, plus I get muddled up on Getters and Setters in Swift, when they are appropriate. I also struggle with optional Dates and presenting them to a user.

Any thoughts or interest?

Contact details are:

magic@easterdown.com

Thanks,

Vickie

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Reply to this topic…

You need to create an account or log in to reply.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.