UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Computer Science Teacher at Eton College

Forums > Job Postings

I am looking to hire a Computer Science Teacher to start teaching Computer Science to students aged 13-18 from September 2022, with a particular focus on A Level (17-18 year olds) and Software Engineering. A teaching qualification is not required, simply an enthusiasm for the subject and a passion for inspiring some of the most talented and intellectually curious students I have ever come across. A Computer Science Degree is really helpful but a depth of knowledge in the subject and a knack for explaining those concepts to a younger audience is more important than the piece of paper!

We currently teach iOS Application Development to our A Level students (alongside the A Level curriculum), currently using Swift and SwiftUI (having moved from UIKit 18 months ago). We also endeavour to stretch and challenge our most able students with an understanding of more advanced software engineering concepts such as automated testing and design patterns. Familiarity with this skillset is highly desirable for the role, therefore.

I, myself, used to work as a software engineer for the best part of a decade but took the step 5 years ago to try and address the skills gap we see in our industry. I wonder whether you might consider joining me?

Here's the link to apply (closing date: 17th February 2022): https://jobsearch.etoncollege.com/jobs/job/Teacher-of-Computer-Science/441

The job is full-time and would be based in Eton, Berkshire, UK. Accommodation is provided!

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by Essential Developer

SPONSORED Join a FREE crash course for mid/senior iOS devs who want to achieve an expert level of technical and practical skills – it’s the fast track to being a complete senior developer! Hurry up because it'll be available only until April 28th.

Click to save your free spot now

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.