Software Engineer I, IOS at Poloniex
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
We believe the future of finance will be built on open protocols, decentralized infrastructure, and rapid innovation. Poloniex enables 24/7/365 trading of digital assets. Since 2014, Poloniex has facilitated tens of billions of dollars in trades and custody for millions of customers around the world.
At Poloniex, you will work on the cutting edge of open financial protocols and build systems and tools that enable scalable, high performance trading. All our teams have high standards and a dedication to delivering high quality, high value solutions that meet the needs of millions of global customers. Come join us at Poloniex and build the future of finance!
As a member of the Poloniex engineering team, you’ll help build a world-class cryptocurrency exchange. We want to work with engineers that enjoy solving complex problems, have a passion for their craft, and care deeply about the experience of the users and operators of the systems they build.
What you'll do
- Design and code new features in the Poloniex iOS application.
- Troubleshoot and fix complicated issues and defects.
- Work within a tight team that is open to diverse opinions, new ideas, and is highly respectful of each other.
- Learn, be challenged, and have fun.
What you'll bring to Poloniex
- 2+ years of software development experience including 1+ years of iOS app development.
- Experience with Swift language.
- Published or contributed to at least one app in the App Store.
- Comfort and experience shifting gears quickly, learning on the fly and working on an evolving product without having all of the answers.
- Participates in design reviews and is learning how to derive and communicate a good design.
- Knowledge of Git best practices.
- Knowledge of iOS APIs (UIKit, AutoLayout, URLSession).
- Has experience interacting with a RESTful API.
- A strong desire to experiment and work with the latest mobile technologies.
- Has worked in an Agile environment or is familiar with its concepts.
- Experience with unit testing (XCTest)
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Experience with crypto assets, financial markets, or multi-sided marketplaces is a plus
- A passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Poloniex. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.