UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Xcode 13 versioning

Forums > iOS

I am not a professional developer, so I apologize if I ask a basic question. I have a working app from one of the exercises and I want to figure out how to use source control so I can work on a new version without breaking the old version. I think I have to use source control, but I read the Xcode help on source control and I got stuck on the first step. I could not find out how to creat a local source control repository, the instructions do not appear to reference the current version of Xcode preferences.

Is there anyone who can point me to a resource or give me advice on how to do this?

Much appreciated.

Stewart Lynch does a videos on this Xcode and Git. This one very good Xcode and Source Control - A Case Study

Hi, as you will not understand it like me. When I was doing the coding of a payroll services app so one of my friend guide me alot through text messages and post. But all in vain. Finally he suggest me to watch a practical video from youtube about it. Which helped me and I learnt it. So try to watch a video from youtube about it you will learn from A to z easily.

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.