UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

UNMutableNotification

Forums > iOS

I am working on an app with a timer, I use Local User Notifications (UNTimeIntervalNotificationTrigger that plays a sound) at the moment, how reliable is the notification for time intervals with the app in the background in your experience? Simulating the app on my iPhone results in big delays for short time interval notifications (2 seconds takes 5 or more seconds) when the phone is locked.

Would maybe using PushKit (does that even work for time intervals or calendar / date notifications?) help?

TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL If you like Hacking with Swift, you'll love Hacking with Swift+ – it's my premium service where you can learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI, functional programming, algorithms, and more. Plus it comes with stacks of benefits, including monthly live streams, downloadable projects, a 20% discount on all books, and free gifts!

Find out more

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.