UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

[SOLVED]UIScrollView not scrolling inside a Root UIScrollView with UIKit

Forums > iOS

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to zoom an image that is inside a UIScrollView, and that UIScrollView it's inside a root UIScrollView that allow paging, similar to the Photos app.

In the viewDidLoad() inside the view that contains the root scrollView I call prepareScrollView()

func prepareScrollView(){

let tap = UITapGestureRecognizer(target: self, action: #selector(hideNavigationItem))

scrollView.addGestureRecognizer(tap)

scrollView.delegate = self
      scrollView.minimumZoomScale = 1.0
      scrollView.maximumZoomScale = 4.0
      scrollView.zoomScale = 1.0

let width = self.view.bounds.width
      let height = self.view.bounds.height
      totalWidth = width * CGFloat((imageArray!.count)!) //The width must be the width of the screen by the number of the images in the array
      scrollView.contentSize = CGSize(width: totalWidth, height: height)
      scrollView.isPagingEnabled = true

loadPages()

}

The loadPages() function load every scrollView with their image and add it to the root scrollview

func loadPages(){

for i in 0...((imageArray!.count)! - 1){

let pageScroll = Page(frame: CGRect(x: self.view.bounds.size.width * CGFloat(i), y: self.view.frame.origin.y, width: self.view.bounds.size.width, height: self.view.bounds.size.height))

pageScroll.minimumZoomScale = 1.0
        pageScroll.maximumZoomScale = 4.0
        pageScroll.zoomScale = 1.0

let imageView = UIImageView(frame: CGRect(x: 0, y: 0, width: self.view.bounds.size.width, height: self.view.bounds.size.height))
        imageView.image = UIImage(data: (imageArray![i])!)
        imageView.contentMode = .scaleToFill
        pageScroll.addSubview(imageView)

scrollView.addSubview(pageScroll)
    }
}

The Page object it's just a UIScrollView object`

class Page: UIScrollView {
  func viewForZooming(in scrollView: UIScrollView) -> UIView? {
      return self.subviews[0]//Return the image
  }
}

And inside the root scrollView viewForZooming function it calls the viewForZooming function of the correspond child scrollview.

func viewForZooming(in scrollView: UIScrollView) -> UIView? {

if(self.scrollView.subviews.count > 0){
        let childScrollView = self.scrollView.subviews[currentPage] as! Page
        let image = childScrollView.viewForZooming(in: scrollView)
        return image
    }
    return nil
}

With this approach I can navigate horizontally but I can't zoom in the current image. The viewForZooming function executes in both objects. What I'm doing wrong? Is this a correct approach? For me it seems a bit confusing but I wasn´t able to find any tutorial that has this action to zoom an image that it´s inside a root scrollView.

In StackOverflow a person comments me to disable the zoom in the root scrollView but it doesn't work.

Thank you in advance.

I finally resolved my issue. I post it as an answer in Stack Overflow

Hey @Flaviusns, I tried looking at your solution but i'm still having inconsistent behaviour when zooming in and moving the image around. Do you mind pasting a sample of your working code?

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.