UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

Register User

Forums > iOS

Scenario: I am developing a free app for use only by registered members of a website. Their permissions to access features of the app are stored remotely. I would like users of the app to register only once the first time the app is used.

Proposal: On launch use identifierForVendor to check a remote table of registered users to get the userID and thus their permissions. If identifierForVendor is not found then prompt for their website username and password. These would be used once and discarded. If they identify a valid member add the identifierForVendor:userID to the registered user table for future login.

Questions: Are there flaws with this design? What are they? Are there examples (my searchfoo has failed)? Are there standard ways of doing this?

Thanks in advance for any direction.

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.