UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: how to display horizontally a scrollable array of imgs

Forums > iOS

I need to display an array of images.
The images are aligned horizontally next to each other. If there are more images than horizontal screen real estate, the images should be horizontally scrollable. An image can be removed by clicking the top right “x” button.

How it is best achieved in iOS UIKit please not swiftUI!

https://imgur.com/ZNrEOqz

would you use a scrollview with horizontal StackView or a UICollectionView horizontal?

Also I need to display a small "X" on the top right of the image, clicking on the X will remore it from the list. How should I do that. Any hints?

Many thanks!

This is textbook case for Collection View :-) With the alternative you would loose the optimization with dequeuing cells and you would have to have all the images loaded all the time.

Thanks Filip! You save me again! I will go deeper into collection view now :)

BUILD THE ULTIMATE PORTFOLIO APP Most Swift tutorials help you solve one specific problem, but in my Ultimate Portfolio App series I show you how to get all the best practices into a single app: architecture, testing, performance, accessibility, localization, project organization, and so much more, all while building a SwiftUI app that works on iOS, macOS and watchOS.

Get it on Hacking with Swift+

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.