UPGRADE YOUR SKILLS: Learn advanced Swift and SwiftUI on Hacking with Swift+! >>

SOLVED: How do I detect what is in the center of a screen

Forums > iOS

Hope I am not asking a redundant question, I am a self taught coder so I don't know terms of art. I have looked on here and StackExchange to no avail, but maybe I'm just not structuring my search terms well.

For an iOS app in particular (will not run on desktops) I am trying to figure out how to determine what part of a larger page in a Scroll View a user has in front of them. I have to imagine this functionality exists, as Instagram and other social media apps seem to be able to track what a user actually sees.

Use case example: for a employee safety policy, make sure the text of a long safety document has been viewed gradually, and being able to track how long users looked at each section of text and report that back to the app.

Maybe I am doing a bad job of explaining this. Thank you!

(I try to ask good questions but get yelled at on StackExchange, so sorry in advance if I did this wrong or it's unclear. If I just don't know the right word to search that's all I need)

Thank you!

Hacking with Swift is sponsored by RevenueCat

SPONSORED Take the pain out of configuring and testing your paywalls. RevenueCat's Paywalls allow you to remotely configure your entire paywall view without any code changes or app updates.

Learn more here

Sponsor Hacking with Swift and reach the world's largest Swift community!

Archived topic

This topic has been closed due to inactivity, so you can't reply. Please create a new topic if you need to.

All interactions here are governed by our code of conduct.

Unknown user

You are not logged in

Link copied to your pasteboard.